Your first destination in our hospital as a patient is normally our admissions office. This is where all of your necessary personal information is gathered that is of importance for your treatment and financial processing. Do not worry about your privacy, all of your personal information is protected by medical confidentiality that include all hospital staff members. After being admitted you are handed the necessary paperwork needed for your treatment and can go to the ward that will be responsible for you. Our reception staff at the entrance hall can help you find your ward. Should you for some reason not be able to walk to the ward yourself, the reception staff will help you with that. If during admission to the hospital you are not able to give the needed information yourself, a relative of yours can handle the formalities later for you. It is important for your admission to bring your doctor’s hospitalization papers and a confirmation of your insurance coverage (generally your membership card is sufficient).
Please keep the following papers handy during admission:
For patient administration:
For the ward:
- Hospitalization papers (if existing)
- Health insurance card
Necessary things for your stay:
- Medical record (e.g. x-rays, test results)
- Vaccination records, allergy records, coagulation inhibitor record, information about pace makers and/ or prosthesis, X-ray records
- A list of your daily medications
- Certificate of authority, guardian ID (if a designated legal guardian exists), patient’s advance health care directive
What you should NOT bring:
- Hygiene products (wash cloth, towel, soap / shower soap, shampoo, tooth brush and tooth paste, comb / brush, razor)
- Personal clothing (night gowns and underwear, bathrobe, house shoes, closed-toe shoes, sweat-suit)
- Personal aids, e.g. glasses, hearing aids, prosthesis etc.
- Mobility aids, e.g. walking frame, wheelchair etc.
- Large amounts of money, valuables, jewelry, cell phones
Please take care of your personal belongings and money. Always lock away personal valuables. Please give any larger amounts of money, valuables or jewelry to your relatives. In case of damage or loss the hospital assumes no liability. In exceptional cases your money, jewelry and valuables can be stored in a safe at the patient administration.